Wednesday, May 28, 2014

mother's day 2014

Mother's Day this year started a little after 9:00, because I have the best husband in the world who let me sleep way in.  I was greeted with breakfast in bed, as well as entertainment.  Ky and Kade performed magic tricks and told jokes while I ate.  I also got to open gifts from them, my favorite of which are always the homemade cards, which I know I will cherish forever!

Church that day was so great.  I got to listen to the speakers talk about the divinity of womanhood and motherhood, feeling so grateful to be a mother to these three sweet boys.  I also feel blessed that soon I will have a daughter-someone to teach about how awesome it is to be a woman and a mother, and watch her grow into those roles.  Meanwhile, Krew fell asleep in my arms, which he hasn't done in a very long time (and there is nothing sweeter than holding a sleeping child).  At the same time, I could feel this little life wiggling inside, and I just felt overwhelmed with how lucky I am to be a mom!
We had a little Mother's Day photo shoot before church, and looking at these pictures makes me smile.  These three boys have my heart.  They are all so handsome, so smart, so sweet, so fun, and their personalities are all so different.  I can't believe that they are mine!

Krew and his mama

Ky and his mama
Mommy and Kade

No comments: