Wednesday, June 22, 2016

my mini-me and me

I get all the feels when I look at this picture that Bart took of Everly and I on Memorial Day.  Let me try to put into words all the ways this picture makes my heart happy:

1) We are all dressed up in red, white, and blue watching a summertime parade.  I think this scenario might be what my dreams are made of.  We get to do it all over again in just over a week, and I cannot wait!

2) The simple fact that this is a picture of me and my daughter!  That's right, my daughter!

3) Her Minnie Mouse Tattoo

4) So many people tell me that she looks like me, and I sort of get it, but not really.  Until I look at this picture, and I can't help but agree.  I mean look!  We have the same chin, the dimples, the smile, our hair color looks about the same, our noses could be twins, and our eyes.  Twinsies, I tell you!

5)  This stage of life can be hard.  It's demanding.  It's often thankless.  I am constantly wondering if I'm doing it all wrong.  I find myself thinking about the days before we had any kids, or when we only had the twins.  Sometimes I look to the future and wonder what it will be like when I no longer have to multitask every.  single.  thing  I do.  But then I look at that smile on my face and I remember what a truly HAPPY time of life this really is.  There is just so much happiness.  And I'm happy that Bart captured it in this photo.

6) Also, the sunshine!

No comments: