Thursday, October 26, 2017

annual mommy-son summertime dates!

I was so looking forward to this summertime tradition of going on dates with each of my boys one at a time!  I let each of them pick a restaurant and one fun activity to do together.  Other than that guidance, I pretty much let then plan our date.  With four kids, and never having had an only child, these rare times I get to spend with each of them just the two of us, is so precious.  
Ky decided on this new, yummy, pizza place.  They have some super unique pizzas and we each got a small one and shared.  I asked Ky some thought provoking questions and I loved to hear how he answered each one.  This kid is genuine, smart, considerate and hilarious!

 After dinner, Ky took me to the new trampoline park in town.  It was a great way burn off those pizza calories!  I loved watching Ky try the ninja course, over and over.  His determination to get past each obstacle was inspiring!



 I laughed when about 30 minutes into our hour-long jumping session, Ky asked me, "Why do you have to keep getting a drink?"  I told him it's because I'm old!  Jumping for an hour straight is exhausting when you don't have the energy that he always seems to have!
 It was a super fun date, and I think we should do it more often!

 Krew's date was next.  He thought so long and hard about where he wanted to go out to eat.  He FINALLY decided on McDonald's.  Not exactly a fancy date, but it was cheap and he was thrilled.  Win-Win!
 Next, he decided to take me miniature golfing.  It wasn't a very nice mini golf course, but we had fun anyway.  I loved listening to all the  stories he had to tell me while we were on our date.  And let me just tell you, this little boy is a completely different kid when he doesn't have to compete with his siblings for attention.  He was sweet, funny, inquisitive (SO inquisitive) and happy.





Since it was close, free, and we still had some time left for our date, we headed over to the wildlife sanctuary to check out the birds.  This little bird fanatic loved every minute of it.  We have been there dozens of times, but it had been a while, and luckily this time there were only a few of the big, scary geese that Krew hates so much.


 We found some cool owls, and he loved these two bald eagles, but his favorite part of the day was seeing the peregrine falcon!  He had been talking for weeks prior to going about how much he liked peregrine falcons, how fast they could fly, and some other cool facts he had learned.  So seeing one in person was so exciting for him, and I loved watching him smile!



 Kade's date was last. He picked Buffalo Wild Wings, just like last year.  We had the same drink as last year, Blueberry Mint Lemonade.  He had all sorts of conversation topics picked out, and I loved every minute of talking with him and getting to know him better.  Being a twin, he has had very limited one-on-one time with me, and I could tell he liked it as much as I did.
 For his activity, he decided to take me to see the new Spiderman movie.  He was such a gentleman, and even bought me popcorn and candy.  I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would, and I loved talking about it with him afterward.

I'm so blessed to have these three awesome boys in my life! Being able to give them my undivided attention was priceless!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: