Thursday, March 21, 2019

lucky thirteens!!

On December 29th, I officially became the mom of TWO teenagers!! We had a great weekend celebrating Ky and Kade's birthday and celebrating the awesome young men they are becoming!
Kade

 Ky

I love the chance I have been given to raise twins, to raise these twins. They are so similar to each other, and yet completely unique.  They often say that they are sick of each other (which I can understand and for which I don't blame them for a second), however, whenever they move to different areas of the house and find different activities to give themselves the space they crave, it never takes long before they drift back towards each other.  It's like magic.  This year Ky especially has decided it's really important to him that he is seen as an individual, as different than Kade.  I think this is probably a very typical step that all twins go through at some point. It has forced me to also look for ways that they are different, that they are uniquely individuals.  Not that I haven't always tried to do this since they were born, but this year has been a great chance to truly focus on their unique traits, and it's been awesome!

Because they are now teenagers, they had a super busy weekend and were gone most of the day of their birthday.  We did get to celebrate together as a family the night before by going to a trampoline park and out to Potbelly for sandwiches.
Nothing says happy birthday like a Costco chocolate cake, lighting your own birthday candles,
and then lighting them again because you are a twin and you get the second turn blowing them out!  Ha ha!
Teenage boys are super hard to buy birthday presents for, but I think Bart and I did a good job finding some things that they were excited about!
Happy Birthday Ky and Kade!  We love you some much for the individuals that you are, and we feel lucky to have you in our family!

No comments: