Friday, July 12, 2019

snow fun!

This winter felt extra long for some reason.  We had a ton of snow and it was really cold for a really long time.  We tried to make the most of it though, and filled (some of) our days with fun things.
 I took Krew to paint a mug in February.  It was essential that we have something to put the gallons of hot cocoa in that we needed to consume during the cold winter months.  Anyone surprised that the mug he picked out was a bird??

 Krew loves this kind of activity, especially when it means he also gets some undivided parent attention while doing it.  He is painstakingly deliberate about projects like this, and I love to watch his process.
 We also spent a fair amount of time playing in the snow.  There was plenty of it, and I loved being in a stage of life where I could help bundle them up, send them outside, and watch them happily play in the cold white stuff, while I remain inside where it's warm!



 There were lots of days spent coloring a painting, and as a result, my house was completely filled with the most beautiful artwork, all winter long.



 We tried to find community activities that allowed the kids to run, jump, and play indoors to keep them from getting cabin fever.




 Everly and I got to go to Disney on Ice.  We both loved it!  



No comments: