Tuesday, March 3, 2020

summer 2019 highlights

I read something recently that although obvious, really struck me emotionally.  We only get 18 summers with our children.  I only have maybe 5 more summers with Ky and Kade.  That breaks my heart.  So, we made sure that we made the most of this past summer, and I think we were very successful!  Here are some highlights from Summer 2019:

 These two took swimming lessons and of course they did awesome!  I made the most of my time waiting for them to finish their lesson by running around the rec center during their 25 minute lessons.  
 We watched several awesome summer storms from our front porch
 Everly took a summer school class called, "Getting Ready for 4K" so she would know a little bit about what to expect when she started school in the fall.  She loved everything about it!
 We made several trips to Bay Beach to enjoy the rides and the sunshine.


 It was Krew's first summer being tall enough to ride the big rides, so of course he tried every single one of them, and loved it!

 He looked so nervous as he waited for The Scat to start spinning him around.  It made me nervous for him.  He came off the ride grinning from ear to ear, so he must have enjoyed it!
 We added a second parakeet to our menagerie in July, and named him Disco.
 We always love celebrating the 4th of July!



 We found some cool places to hike and explore. This was a huge part of summer for me growing up, and I wish it were easier to find cool hiking places around here, but I'm glad when we do.



 Everly's hair is so much curlier in the summer due to the humidity, and all the running through sprinklers and splashing in water that she does.  I love it!
 Everly had to watch a lot of baseball this summer, but usually found ways to entertain herself like picking out the best pebbles from the hundreds that were on the ground.
 We played at the park quite a few times, but not as much as when we only had little kids.  Apparently playgrounds are only fun for a few minutes if you are a teenager.  We make the teenagers come with us anyway!
 Leaf blowers can be entertaining too!
 Krew participated in a week-long day camp all about birds of prey. He was in heaven!  The only thing he didn't like was when the teachers tried to tell the kids something that Krew knew wasn't accurate, because sometimes Krew knows more about birds than the summer camp instructors. Maybe next summer he should teach the class!




 Nothing says perfect summer day like homemade waffle bowls filled with homemade ice cream!

 One of Krew's favorite things to do this summer was have a lemonade stand.  I can't count how many times he set one up this summer.  He made the lemonade himself, got the table and chair himself.  Got cups, and made signs, and sat there by himself for hours each time.  You have to know that we live on a very quiet street.  The only people who drive on our street are people who actually live on our street.  So, when business was slow, Krew would ride his bike around the neighborhood, and tell everyone he saw outside where to come to buy his lemonade!  Half way through the summer, in order to appeal to a larger audience, as well as offer something new to his current customers, he started selling homemade snowcones as well. My little entrepreneur made $68 this summer selling lemonade and snowcones!  He's already talking about what he wants to add to his little stand for next summer. 
 We got to see the new Lion King movie this summer.  My Simba loving daughter thought it was the best thing ever!
I love that I get to spend so much time with these four amazing souls all summer long! Since I only get 18 summers with each of them, I'm glad summer 2019 was as perfect as it was!

No comments: