Monday, November 16, 2009

we're back!

We just got back from our 9 day family vacation to Florida. I just uploaded the pictures off my camera, and after viewing all 357 of them, I'm feeling like it's going to take a long time to get caught up posting all about it. Especially since my mom is coming to visit in a few days, and because I just remembered that we took 2 cameras to Florida and I probably have another 300 pictures on the other one. So, check back soon to hear about our trip, and don't worry, I won't post all 657 pictures, but probably close.

I did want to post pictures of this cute baby shower gift I made for my friend Molly who had a baby girl last week. I had so much fun making it, I didn't want to forget about it. I had never done the ruffles or the leg warmers before, so I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but I have to say that I love them! Click the above links for the tutorials I used to make them.
front
back

with the leg warmers

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE the ruffles on the butt. So dang cute. Great job!

Clay and Katy said...

that is adorable! maybe one day i will have a girl to dress up so cute :)

Rachel Murray said...

That is so cute and now I'm dying to make a set for Brynn. Did you use a tutorial or anything to make it, or are you just like your mom and pull things out of thin air?

Ashli Miller said...

Rachel,

The front of the onesie and the flowers I did without a tutorial. The ruffle butt tutorial can be found here: http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/2009/05/ruffle-butt-onesie-tutorial.html

and the leg warmers tutorial can be found here: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/baby_leg_warmers_aka_baby_legs

The Lloyd Family said...

That is so cute! You are so talented!

Rachel Murray said...

Thanks for the links. I will definitely be using these before christmas.

Greta and Lily said...

I attempted to make some for Lily out of some of my old socks yesterday...they look so cute!..not as cute as these, and they don't have the cute flowers on it either. But I love them and she does too! Thanks for the good idea and sharing the link! I love it :)