Wednesday, February 13, 2013

california trip: day 1

We just got back from the most amazing trip to California!  It has been so cold here, and getting away to warmer weather felt so good!  Plus, my whole family met up there, some of whom hadn't seen my kids in years.  Meeting up in California with my whole family and going to Disneyland has been a dream of mine for a long time, and it came true!

The first night (Saturday), we stayed in a hotel, because none of my family was in town yet.  The boys got to go swimming (still their favorite vacation activity).  Then we went to Newport Beach.  The weather was amazing, the sun was shining, I was in one of my favorite places in the whole world, with my hubby and cute kids, and it made me so happy!

 The twins were a bit disappointed that the water was not like the water in Tampa (ice water instead of bathtub warm water), but they still had a great time watching the waves and playing in the sand.

 We grabbed some lunch and headed to a cute park for a picnic.  Krew was in heaven walking around at the park.  I was happy to see him so happy, then I realized that he's never walked around outside before.  He started really walking the end of October, and by then it was too cold to play outside.  He is just going to love it when spring finally gets here!



 He would have gone on the slide with me for hours!  I mean, look at that happy face!
Mid-afternoon we met up at the rental house with my family (minus my youngest brother Andrew who couldn't join us until Wednesday).  We visited, got caught up, Krew made everyone take him outside to walk around and look for birds.  Then, we all headed back to Newport Beach.  By the way, the same beach, twice in one day is always okay with me!  Then, we finished the day with dinner at Cafe Rio.  It was the perfect start to a great week!

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Looks and sounds perfect! Glad you got to escape the cold! I know that midwest cold gets very old by this time of year.