Saturday, August 24, 2013

hamburger parade

Not too far from where we live, there is a small town that claims to be where hamburgers were invented. (I wonder how many little towns claim the same thing...)  Anyway, every summer they have a hamburger festival and a hamburger parade.  We went to the parade the first summer we moved here, and we decided it was time to check it out again.  We met some friends there and enjoyed the perfect summer weather and the abundance of free candy!


 I guess at this age it's cool to flash peace signs when you get your photo taken.
 ...and at this age, I guess it's cool to point at the camera.
 These two are pretty cute friends.  I think they make a cute couple, don't you?
 At one point, Krew became scared of something in the parade, and decided to hide behind me.  Lately, whenever he is scared of something, he says (quietly), "Mommy, I so scared monsters."  Even if it's not monsters he's scared of.  Actually, he also says this a lot whenever he has to do something he doesn't want to, like lay down for a diaper change, or when I set him down when he wants to be held, so several times each day!  I happen to think it's pretty cute!




No comments: