Thursday, April 20, 2017

we went to florida: tampa & clearwater beach edition

Midway through our Florida trip, we drove out to Tampa and Clearwater Beach, because what Florida trip would be complete without a day at the beach?

We drove through the area north of Tampa where we used to live.  I made the twins pose for a picture in front of their old bedroom window.  It was so surreal being there at our old apartment complex, and so many memories came flooding back.  I can't believe that it's been almost 9 years since we left Tampa!  

We drove though downtown Tampa, again for a little bit of nostalgia.  So many times I thought, "I can't believe we used to live here!  Why did we ever leave?!"





Same spot, 9 1/2 years later


Grouper sandwiches at Frenchy's was a must!
And now, be prepared for a thousand pictures at the beach!  It was so beautiful, peaceful, fun, and perfect.  I didn't grow up near a beach, but there is something about it that speaks to my soul.




Plus, it's safe to say that all of my kids LOVED the beach.  They could have stayed there all day!  Someday we are going to have to take a vacation where the only thing on the itinerary is playing at the beach all day every day!
















My parents played at the beach with us, and a lot of these awesome photos were taken by my dad.  It was so fun having them there with us.














No comments: