Monday, November 20, 2017

weekend in milwaukee

As a last hurrah before school started, we took a little road trip to Milwaukee.  Since we didn't go on a big summer vacation, it was so nice to be able to get away for a couple of days and see some new things and have fun together.  The first stop was the Milwaukee zoo.  We had actually been there one other time, but it was years ago, and it happened to be like 110 degrees that day, so we didn't stay very long that time.  This time it was awesome!
 Krew is still completely fascinated by birds, so that was his favorite part.  We were super bummed when the bird show that we had been waiting all day for was canceled last minute because one of the birds flew away!  Krew would have loved the show, but he was pretty happy to be able to see this talking parrot up close, as well as a beautiful bald eagle.





 Another highlight of the zoo was watching these cheetahs up close.  We happened to get there at feeding time, so we were able to watch them eat too.


 It seemed to take an exceptionally long time to get our dinner, so I taught the kids what my family used to do at restaurants as we waited for our food.  I'm glad I was able to teach them some proper restaurant manners!


While we were there, we played at Discovery World. There were so many hands-on science exhibits and we all had a blast.


Watching Krew in this VR exhibit was hilarious.  I wish I could have seen what he was seeing, but I think maybe it was more entertaining for me not being able to tell what he was looking at or why he was reacting the way he was.

Everyone (except Everly) braved the bed of nails.











I love when we can get away as a family and see new places and make memories together.  It's one of my favorite parts of this stage of life!

No comments: