Wednesday, October 24, 2007

entertainment

The boys have had colds the last few days, which means we haven't done much, which also means that the days seems very long. It's hard to find things to entertain two almost two-year olds inside for days at a time. So, I guess it's good that my boys can entertain me. Yesterday morning, after I had given the boys some juice, Ky came up to me and we had the following conversation:
Ky: "Mommy, I make mess."
Me: "You did? Where?"
Ky: "Shirt all wet."
Sure enough, his shirt was totally soaked. I thought maybe the lid had come off his sippy cup, but no. He must have drank the juice and spit it out repeatedly until he had completely soaked his shirt. Wait, it gets better.
Later that evening, when it was time to get ready for bed, I stripped Ky down to his diaper so he and Kade could have a bath. He started tugging on his diaper, so I said, "Ky, don't take your diaper off. I don't want you to tinkle on the floor." He went around the corner toward the bathroom,and not ten seconds later he came back, naked, and said, "Mommy, I tinkle floor!" Sure enough, in the hallway next to his diaper was a puddle.
I guess when we are all this bored and stir-crazy, this is entertainment!

4 comments:

Sarah H said...

Hey Ashli!
Jason gave me your blog a while ago but I lost track. i am happy that you posted on mine so I could find you. Fun to catch up some. My boys still like to drink and spit on their shirts sometimes, esp. in the car! It's such a pain.
Hope you guys are feeling better soon!
Sarah

Ashley A. said...

Isn't it funny that sometimes when you warn a child about not doing something they think "that sounds fun" and take it as a suggestion to attempt it?

Meghan said...

Sorry about the colds - I think we're finally over ours. Kade and Ky are talking - how fast time flies!

Unknown said...

Ashli, sounds like the boys are giving you a great deal to fill up your time. Actually it sounds like fun to me. Keep smiling. Great Gram