Saturday, December 15, 2007

christmas questions

I stole this from my friend Meghan's blog. Thanks Meghan!

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or artificial? I wish I could afford a real tree. We spent $16.99 on an artificial tree the first Christmas after we got married, and it will have to do until I can afford to buy a real one each year. You just can't beat the smell of a real one!

3.When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? I like the idea of keeping it up until New Year's day, but with the boys birthday on December 29th, we are going to make sure all the Christmas stuff is put away before then so it can just be their birthday.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, haven't had it for a few years

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember a doll swing set I got when I was like 5. I don't remember many others specifically.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? Kade and Ky

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One that I had no idea what it was. It took me several days of searching the internet before I knew what it was

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12 . Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone, Charlie Brown's Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade chocolates, Christmas cookies, hot chocolate, my mom's Peppermint Delight

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard on High, but I love the radio stations that play nothing but Christmas music for a month. I listen to the radio way more that month than the rest of the year combined.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We have done a lot of traveling for Christmas and I love it, but we are excited to stay here this year and have Bart's family come to us!

19. Can you name all of Santa's' reindeer? Yes

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? I've never had either, but I would like a star. I bought a wiry, glittery one this year, but even it was too heavy for our little Charlie Brown Christmas tree, so I had to return it.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, except for the traditional pajamas on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shoveling snow and scraping my windshield...oh wait, I don't have to do that this year!

23. What I love most about Christmas? The tradition of everything from music, to Christmas lights, shopping, parties, yummy food, etc. Also, the fact that it last for a whole month!

24. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Oranges, beef jerky and a toothbrush in our stockings, white elephant gift exchanges, etc. I am excited to start some traditions of our own with our new little family.

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

What a fun posting! That's a good idea to make Kade and Ky's birthday just their birthday. My boys is this Tuesday so they just have to share with Christmas. Your family traditions sound fun.
ANd you're SOOO lucky to not have to deal with snow and ice.
Merry Christmas!