Saturday, August 2, 2008

breaking dawn

My sister-in-law Charise and I went to a Breaking Dawn release party last night. And yes, it was just as cheesy and crazy as we thought it would be. But how often do I get to do anything like this? Never, so we had to take advantage of the opportunity. It started at 9:30, but we didn't get there until after 11, which means that we missed a lot of the activities, like designing Bella's wedding dress, having Alice tell your future, guessing which character each of the bookstore employees were dressed like. We did get to hear the trivia questions, and eat free cookies, get free stickers, and buttons, and we got our books shortly after midnight. Hooray! No, I haven't read it yet (although, there were several people at the party that I'm sure stayed up all night and have read the whole thing already.)

The employees representations of Alice and Jacob
Aro
The stack of new books
Charise and I with our copies

1 comment:

Rachel Murray said...

I got my book Saturday before a 10 hour drive home from AZ with no child. I only have about 150 pages left. I have to admit the author is a lot more creative than I gave her credit for. Hope you enjoy the book too.