Monday, May 9, 2011

april catch-up

I have been so bad about keeping up with what has been happening around here. I've just been too sick and too tired to do much of anything. So, here is one big post about what I missed in April.
This picture of Bart and Ky makes me smile. I'm not sure what they were watching/playing on Bart's iPod but it must have been funny! This is what our backyard looked like on April 20th! That's right the 20th! It had been such a cold, crazy spring around here. It had better warm up soon or we are all going to go crazy!

The day before Easter, Bret and Charise and their kids came up to color eggs and have pizza with us. This was the first year that Kade and Ky wanted to keep coloring eggs until there were no more eggs left to color. In the past they have each colored a couple and then I am left alone in the kitchen to color the rest. But this year, between us all we colored 2 1/2 dozen eggs and the boys would have colored more if we had more. It was a lot of fun!

Cute Cooper smiling for the camera


Ky


Some of the finished products!


Easter morning we had a little egg hunt around the yard from the Easter Bunny. Luckily the snow had all melted by then, but notice the boys are wearing boots because it was so soggy!




Too bright!!


At the end of April, the boys and I went to a wildlife sanctuary nearby. I think it was the one sunny, warmish day of the whole month, so we had to take advantage and do something outside.


The highlight of that trip was seeing these cute little baby geese. The boys could have watched them for hours, and they kept telling me, "Take another picture!"

No comments: