Monday, May 2, 2011

catching the royal spirit!

I loved spending time on Friday watching the royal wedding! It felt so magical and romantic. There were so many times that I had to remind myself that what I was watching was real life and not a Disney movie! I got goosebumps when the two princes were shown riding to the abbey. Seeing Prince William in his red uniform and everything else he was wearing, made me smile! I seriously thought that he looked like Prince Charming--and he is-for real! I loved Kate's dress, all the amazing hats, the accents, the inside of Westminster Abbey, the kiss(es) on the balcony, and especially watching them ride away in that gorgeous open carriage!
Kade and Ky watched a few minutes of the wedding with me, and I asked them if they wanted to be a prince and they both gave me an emphatic NO! But they both decided that they wanted to be the royal guard with helmets, swords and shields. Luckily they each have a little knight costume, so they put that on. Then they told me that they were missing the feathers on top. So, a couple of bunches of feathers, some pipe cleaners and a bit of hot glue later, and here is what we came up with:

Aren't they the cutest royal guards ever?

That evening, we had a service auction at church to raise money for the young women's camp this year. Bart bid on and won a replica of Kate Middleton's engagement ring, which also used to be Princess Diana's ring. I think it's pretty awesome! Now I can pretend that I am a princess!




No comments: