Friday, October 21, 2011

my baby shower!

Last Thursday my friends Greta and Bryn threw me the most amazing baby shower! It had an argyle theme to perfectly match the baby's room (pictures of that to come shortly).  Also, the food theme was, "cinnamon."  Many of you know that Bart is allergic to cinnamon so I don't bake with it at home.  So, especially this time of year when all the yummy fall treats have cinnamon, I start to feel like I'm missing out.  So, these cute girls filled my baby shower with lots of delicious cinnamon-y goodies.  It was all so yummy!



We played two fun games that night.  The first one, everyone took a paper plate and a crayon.  They placed the plate on top of their head and had to draw what they thought my baby would look like.  Then, I got to look at all of them and pick the one I liked the best.  They were so hilarious that I was nearly crying I was laughing so hard.  (You can see me laughing behind Bryn in the following photo).

For the next game, Bryn had placed little baby items in ten different paper sacks.  Then we each had to feel the items without opening the bag and guess what was inside.  I got all ten right!!  I must be amazing or I've just spent the last several months looking at baby items trying to get ready for our little guy to come.

After games it was time to open presents.  Everyone was so generous and gave such nice gifts.  The whole time I was opening the gifts, I was barely holding my emotions in check.  I couldn't believe that after all this time, after all the waiting, and heartbreak, and tears, that I was having a baby shower!  I didn't know if I would ever get to open a gift with a tiny outfit inside again, and it was all I could do to hold back the tears.  It helped that each and every gift was so fun, that they made me smile and ooh and aah!


My friend Bryn made this adorable yarn and argyle "K" that perfectly matches the nursery.  It makes me excited to finish taking pictures of all the cute details in the baby's room and post them here.  And yes, his name is going to start with a K, just like his older brothers.

2 comments:

Bret and Charise Miller said...

How fun! That K is really cute :)

Rachel Murray said...

So fun! I love that they did cinnamon for you. I can't believe your ticker at the top says only 4 day!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy! Good luck with everything.