Monday, January 21, 2013

crazy hair day!

Last week at school, was crazy hair day!  The boys had been talking about it for days, and it wasn't until the night before that I came up with an idea of how to color their hair: water and art pastels!  I've seen it done on Pinterest, so I thought it was worth a try! I was surprised at how well it worked and how well it stayed throughout the day day.  I was also surprised that I had pastels at home and that I was able to find them!
 Kade thought he looked just like a rock star!  I'd have to agree.
Of course, Ky woke up that morning with a high fever so he had to miss out on crazy hair day! It always seems that when my kids are sick and have to miss school, they miss something awesome.  They've missed Christmas parties, and field trips, and late start and early out days.  There are plenty of non-awesome days at school, why can't they just be sick on one of those days?  Ky was pretty disappointed, but handled it like a champ.  (Plus, I'm not so sure Kade would have so willingly gone to school without his brother if it would have been a normal school day!).

No comments: