Thursday, January 16, 2014

christmas 2013!

It's easy to say that Christmas is my favorite day of the year, and this year did not disappoint!  
Before bed on Christmas Eve, the boys got to open their Christmas pajamas.  I love this tradition, and I love that Kade and Ky talk about how excited they are to open their jammies on Christmas Eve, and how even though they know they are going to get jammies, they don't know what kind of jammies they are going to get.  I try to tease them that maybe this year we won't open any presents on Christmas Eve, and that they probably don't need any new pajamas since they can't seem to ever shut their pajama drawer anyway.  But, I don't think my teasing was very convincing, because they still talked about it non-stop.
I bought Krew's jammies in October because they are Gators colors and have a football on them.  How perfect!  I was so excited when I had the idea to get Kade and Ky Gators pajamas to match, until I looked at how expensive it was going to be to order licensed NCAA pajama pants, and sometimes the quality of those sorts of things can be sorta iffy.  But I do know how to make Gators pajamas!  Somehow homemade Christmas pajamas felt more genuine too, and I love how they turned out!
Christmas morning we told the twins that they were allowed to wake us up at 7:07 and not a minute before.  We hung out in our bed for a bit before we decided we were okay waking the little monster, aka Krew, then headed into the living room to let the fun begin!

Kade and Ky were so awesome about letting Krew help open their presents.

Santa brought Krew a big choo-choo-choo, just like he's been asking for for months.  And yes, blurry pictures are better!



Ky spent some of his own, hard-earned money to buy this Olaf toy for Krew, even before we had seen the movie.  I love Ky's big heart!


This year, I'm not kidding, but the boys reacted so awesome to each new gift.  It was like each gift was that one special gift they had been waiting for.  There was lots of jumping up and down, squealing, and cheering.  It was so much fun to watch!








We had to go to the basement for Bart's last present.

In the afternoon, Bart's whole family came up for Christmas presents, round two.  This was the first time in several years that we spent Christmas Day with any family, and it felt just like Christmas Day was supposed to.

Krew loved, loved, loved holding his cousin McCoy. It was the cutest thing ever.  And luckily McCoy is a super chill baby and was totally fine with a two year old holding him in awkward positions, while kissing his head, and making funny sounds at him.


Buying this dress and tiara for my niece, Lynndon was one of my favorite purchases all year!  It was so fun to shop for something pink and sparkly and girly!  I'm glad she liked it.

It was an amazing day and we feel so blessed to be able to spend the day with our adorable kids, making traditions together, and celebrating the birth of our Savior!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: