Tuesday, May 16, 2017

we went to florida: last day there

Our last day in Florida was a Sunday, and since our flight didn't leave until 7:00 in the evening, we had lots of time to kill.  My parents had left bright and early that morning, so it was just the six of us, cruisin' around Orlando trying to soak up the last few hours of our vacation and the warm weather.
Our first stop was to walk around the Orlando temple





Isn't it gorgeous?





Since we had plenty of time to kill, we all laid down on the sidewalk by the temple, and soaked up the warm, perfect weather, and it was honestly the first relaxing part of the whole trip.  (I'm not complaining, I'm not the type of person to relax on vacation.  I can sit on my couch at home for free!)  But it was the perfect opportunity to take it easy and enjoy the amazing weather for one last day!


Next we headed to a nature preserve where we did some walking, saw some beautiful plants and animals and again soaked up the sunshine.

I love palm trees, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make my children pose for a picture with me on this really cool one.  This is the best picture we got.  Why is taking a picture of 4 kids so hard?









Krew was the first to spot this fairly large snake.  I had measurably less fun after seeing it.  I just couldn't relax after that knowing that any minute a snake like that could slither across my flip-flop clad feet.  Krew was the only one who thought it was awesome and kept walking back over to where it was to catch another glimpse.  He was terrified of just about everything at Universal Studios, yet he has no problem with a large snake?  Go figure.

Krew also still really loves birds, and this crane was just one of the really beautiful ones we saw that day.

The boys spent quite a long time playing football in this field while we waited for it to be time to head to the airport.  Everly and I played hide and seek and took pictures while they played.
We were so sad to leave Florida, in fact there may have been tears from 5 out of the 6 of us as we walked through the airport to head home.  It was a wonderful trip, and I feel so blessed that we were able to take such a magical family vacation and make such wonderful memories with our children while they are young!
SaveSave

No comments: