Tuesday, February 26, 2019

christmas fun 2018


 The Christmas season always begins with our annual Black Friday weekend trip out to the Christmas tree farm to select and cut down our perfect tree.  This year our tree was named Patricia and she was lovely.


 Everly desperately wanted this pink tree, and I think one year we might just have to make that happen!




 The magic continued as we all worked together to dress her up in lights and sparkly ornaments.


 I love listening to my kids as they unbox each ornament and talk about the memories they have of each and every one.  It makes them each one seem special.










 I decided I need to document more of my Christmas decorations.  They seem special to me and I want to remember how I decorated each year.
 I made this Christmas sign this year.  I figured it was okay to have one decoration that was a little sarcastic.
 We each made our own seat wreaths this year.  Sadly, with everyone walking past them everyday, most of them didn't make it to Christmas day before they were broken.


 We love getting so many Christmas cards from friends and family. This photo holder was completely stuffed by the end of the year.  It reminds me how lucky we are to have had so many people in our lives over the years.


 Everly would not sit on Santa's lap this year, and she would only get this close if Krew was there too.  She did remember to ask Santa for a toy broom, a robot dog, and some My Little Ponies.
 I love this picture of Krew!  He was so excited to ask Santa for a parakeet playground for Pico, a drone, and a real rhea egg.  
 Pictures of my kids with Santa every year never get old, even if the kids do!


 It wouldn't be Christmas time without spending some time together in the kitchen baking cookies.  Maybe Santa needs to bring Everly an apron that has her name on it.
 Krew loved that he could spend the month singing, "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"

 Making gingerbread houses!




 The cutest Joseph and (pregnant) Mary I have ever seen! 




 Acting out the Nativity on Christmas Eve will always be one of my favorite traditions!

No comments: