Sunday, March 30, 2008

once in a lifetime...

Here is where we slept on Thursday night:
We had the most unbelievable time! We had one day left on our Disney World passes, and Bart finally had a weekday off of work, so we drove to Orlando Thursday morning. We spent about an hour and a half at Epcot, then went to the Magic Kingdom. Well, we happened to be on the right ride at the right time, because we won the stay in Cinderella's Castle! We were in the afternoon parade, had VIP seating for both parades and the fireworks. We had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (which is usually booked months in advance, and very fancy.) We had breakfast with the characters from Winnie the Pooh. We had our own guide who got us onto any ride we wanted without waiting in line, and private sessions (with no waiting) with Mickey Mouse, Donald, Goofy and Pluto, and some of the princesses. We all got free tickets for the next day as well, so our one day trip turned into two of the most magical days we could ever dream of!
The suite itself was amazing! It looked like the inside of a castle, with amazing mosaic tile, gorgeous bedding, a mirror that was actually a TV, a huge jetted tub, I could go on and on. We weren't planning on the spending the night since it was just a day trip, so they bought us all new pajamas, and got us toothbrushes, deodorant, etc. so that we could spend the night. The boys got Mickey dolls, autograph books for the characters to sign, popcorn, candy, cookies, fruit, etc. There was an amazing white chocolate Cinderella's carriage and horses, filled with chocolate-covered strawberries. I'm sure I'm leaving out some amazing details, but there was just so much!
It was such a magical couple of days, and a memory that we will treasure as a family forever!

In the parade with Daisy

This was just outside the suite

Inside the suite

During our own private session with Mickey

We have lots more pictures I will post later, and if you want to know the whole story, call us. It was so unbelievable that we can't possibly post all of the details here!

Thank you Mickey!!

18 comments:

Sadie Miller said...

I imagined what the inside looked like from your descriptions.....I wasn't even close. It was even more than I could imagine. Sentimentalist that I am, I got tears in my eyes reading about this once in a lifetime adventure.
Mom in WI

Natalie said...

no way!! you guys are soooo lucky! It sounds amazing!

Rachel Murray said...

That is so awesome!!! Your boys will remember that forever. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Rachel said...

awww, what a fun experience!

Meg said...

I think President Monson once said a victory for one is a victory for all and that we shouldn't be jeleous...I'll just keep telling myself that!

Jessica said...

That is so cool! What are the chances?! I'm glad Bart could go with you and have a fun family adventure.

Jlowryjr said...

Wow. That is amazing. I was just checking out the blog to see what was going on with my old "home teachees." What a great deal.

Heidi said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is a once in a lifetime memory!! SO fun for your cute family!!

Clay and Katy said...

that is amazing!!! we are thoroughly jealous and so excited for you! i bet your boys had a blast...ok i am sure you did just as much as them!!! how fun...i love disney!!!!!

Unknown said...

I just can't imagine what it would be like to be so honored. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Love Dot

David and Jodee said...

Oh my goodness what a fun magical vacation you had! That's so awesome, I bet the boys had a great time! Tell Bart it's too bad he's missed like the worst winter EVER in Wisconsin. I'm perfectly ok with moving out of here;)

Alicia said...

what a sweet deal! that is amazing you are the luckiest people in the world... what a great way to finish off your florida stay huh!

MARIE said...

Wow, that is about the coolest thing EVER! You must post more pictures.

Ashley A. said...

That is amazing!! How fun for all of you guys. I was just watching an Extreme Home Makeover episode and they sent the family to stay in the castle and I thought it was so cool.

Sarah H said...

Wow, how wonderful. I want to stay there! You guys will have great memories from that surprise. The suite looks gorgeous!

The Larsen's said...

Ashli,
Hi! Its been a long time! Your boys are so adorable! Congrats on your awesome Disneyworld experience!

Julie and Carlos said...

Ashli! It's Julie - Jessica's sister! We live in CA and traveled all the way arcross the country last week to do Disneyworld! I can't believe you won the castle! Dang it! What ride were you on? We were there the whole week of the 7th. Were we there at the same time? Just so you know, we have two boys also - not twins but they menace together just the same. Ages 5 and 2. Congrats on winning the castle! That's too cool!
Julie

Ingrid said...

WOW! Way to leave Florida with a bang!