Sunday, April 6, 2008

from here to there

From...



To:


From...

To:
From...
To:

From...

To:

Well, it's official! Bart got an amazing job offer, we've accepted it and we are moving to Green Bay! He's going to be working for a group up there doing ENT including head and neck surgery. Everything with this job has worked out amazingly well, from finding out about it, to the interview process, to the offer. We really feel like it was meant to be from the beginning.

To celebrate, (aside from our amazing trip to Disneyworld) I made Bart this ear, nose and throat cake.

It's by far the weirdest cake I have ever made.

So, we are going to enjoy these last few months we have in Florida, and then we are excited to start the next phase in our lives!

Way to go Bart! We are so proud of all you have done during these past two years. You are going to make an awesome ENT PA!!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratualtions! That is so exciting to finally get the job offer after the long, hard road of school. I'm sure Bart's family will be happy to have you closer. I love your pics. I knew with the cow it wasn't Utah!

The Kelly Family said...

Congratulations on a new job and a new adventure! Doesn't it feel nice to finally finish school. I'm glad Bart found a job close to family, too. Your cake is hilarious! Congrats again!!

Rachel Murray said...

Congrats guys!! That is so exciting. The climate change is sure to be an adjustment, but Green Bay should be great!! I don't know if you should tell Scott you're going to be doing ENT surgeries, ever since he had his septoplasty 2 years ago he has not been a fan of ENTs (It was quite a painful experience for him.)

Natalie said...

Congrats you guys! You have made it! The cake kinda freaks me out, but I think Ashli is amazing for coming up with the idea and finding all those ears, noses, and lips/throats! You guys are so funny!

The Shane Gang said...

CONGRATS! Good luck with the move1 That cake is hilarious and I'll never get the picture out of my head! Too creative!

David and Jodee said...

You do realize that is snows a lot here and that it is beautiful in Florida right? J/K Wiscaaansin hasn't been that bad for us;)and it's always nice to be near family!

MARIE said...

Congrats! I'm just wondering... is the inside of the cake blood red? jk! Great job.

Summmack said...

We are so excited for you! I am still a little teary eyed that your not coming back to Utah:( We were really hoping for a good ENT we could go too! You would have already had 5 whole patients. Good Luck on your next adventure ( I'm sure you won't need it )

Sarah H said...

congratulations! That's wonderful!
How on earth did you make the ear molds for the cake? so funny! I bet Bart got a kick out of it.

Jeremy and Janessa said...

Hey Ashli! It is so good to hear from you. It really has been a while since we've talked/seen each other! Your boys are so grown up and absolutely adorable. Grandma showed me some videos of them that were just too cute. Congrats on the job and making it through school! I am glad we can stay in touch now through the blogs; how fun!

Meghan said...

The cake is awesome -you're so creative! Congratulations and I'm sure it will be awesome to be close to family and all that great cheese! Sigh...