Thursday, June 12, 2008

yum!

I fell in love with rice pudding when we lived in Provo near Pudding on the Rice. Once it opened, we went every chance we got. In fact, when we go back to Utah to visit, I make it a point to go once or twice while I am there.
Since going to Pudding on the Rice is not an option right now, the other night I made a batch of my own. I actually got the recipe from my mom, who found an article that the owner of Pudding on the Rice wrote and included her recipe for raspberry rice pudding. I took that recipe and made a bunch of cheesecake flavored (which is Bart's favorite from Pudding on the Rice.) I also made some chocolate chip fudge. They tasted so good, especially together. A little bit of cheesecake and a little bit of fudge on a spoon, yum!! It tasted just as good as the real thing.
So, for those of you who are fortunate enough to be able to, go to Pudding on the Rice for me. You won't be sorry.

3 comments:

the Varley Family said...

Yummy!!! Can I have that recipe?! I LOVE Pudding On The Rice, every time we go visit family there it is a must!

Heidi said...

That sounds fabulous - I am not a huge rice pudding fan, but Matt LOVES rice pudding!! I would love to try it out!!

Jessica said...

I have never tried that place but I think I'll have to now. I'll add it to my never-ending list of things to do!