Wednesday, August 4, 2010

a visit from my cousin

Last weekend, my cousin Janessa and her family came to visit us. Janessa and I spent a lot of time together growing up, but we haven't seen each other since the day the boys were born, four and a half years ago. Her husband Jeremy is doing an internship in Minnesota for the summer, and decided that while we were that close, they would come by for a visit.
Saturday morning, after getting 4 kids ready, we headed to the wildlife sanctuary. The deer were very hungry and the kids had fun feeding them.

It took Ky a little while to decide he wasn't too scared to feed the deer, and I think he was glad he finally did.
Kayla even decided to give the deer a little kiss. How cute!
After that we headed to the amusement park in town and let the kids go on some rides. Kade and Ky have been on these rides so many times, and they never tire of them.

After lunch and nap time, we headed to Lambeau Field where they were doing lots of activities to kick of training camp. The boys dressed as football players, bounced on the inflatables, and got some awesome eye-black.


We got to go inside the stadium and take a few pictures.

Check out their "game faces!" Isn't my family silly?
Jeremy and Bart

Sweet Kayla
The only time I get my picture taken anymore is if I take one of those awesome "stretch your arm out as far as you can and hope your face is in the picture" pictures.
Me and Kade
Me and Ky
Me and Kayla. We became fast friends that day.
Me and Bart (oh, I love that man!)
Our whole family
Kayla and her daddy
The Reese family. I think that is the only picture I got of their baby Avely. She was such a good baby that at times, I almost forgot she was there.
That evening we stayed up late chatting and catching up. I sort of felt like Janessa and I were supposed to make up a dance or a skit or something and perform it for everyone because that is what we did nearly every time we had family get-togethers. I'm so glad that video cameras were less common then, because there would be a serious amount of embarrassing footage if they had been.
Thanks you guys for coming to visit us. We had such a great time, and hope that it's not 4 1/2 years before we see each other again!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Janessa said...

Thank you so much for having us! We had a great weekend! It was fun to see you and your cute family and catch up. If only we had made up a play...maybe next time we can re-produce one! hehe