Wednesday, February 11, 2015

the rest of my time in utah

Not only was I lucky enough to be able to travel to Utah for my grandma's funeral, I was lucky to be able to stay there a few extra days and have some fun with my family.
 We had to document Everly's first plane ride.
Friday evening after the funeral and spending time at my grandma's house, we all just relaxed at my parents' house.  It was fun to see all my brothers, my sister-in-law and my nephew while we were there.  We just let the two babies play on the floor together, and Jack was fascinated with Everly!


When Krew saw the above picture of Jack touching Everly's face, he was not happy.  He's pretty protective of his baby sister.
Watching the two babies play on the floor reminded me of when I had two babies playing on the floor all the time.
My dad is a wonderful grandpa, and he even likes playing with the little babies.
My mom and Everly.  Okay, I have to say that Everly looks so grown-up in this picture.  I look at this photo and I see flashes of what she's going to be like when she's 6,  Except I bet she'll have blond hair then.
Sunday was filled with going to church with my parents, taking selfies in the mothers' lounge to send to daddy,
and going for a walk in the 55 degree weather.  In January.  It was like medicine for my soul!
That evening, we went to see my Grandpa Joe who has moved to a nursing home since I last saw him.  I was so happy that he got to meet sweet Everly.  As we were leaving that evening, I gave him a big hug and he said to me, "That's a really cute little boy you've got there!"  For a moment I thought it was the dementia talking, but after a second it clicked that he was making a joke.  If you know him at all, you know that's exactly the type of humor he has always had. It made me smile to get a classic grandpa joke from him at that moment.

Sunday night we also said good-bye to my "little" brother, Andrew.  He made sure he got a picture with Everly before he left.  As soon as I took the picture, I was reminded of a few years ago when he met Krew for the first time, and we took this picture:
How fun to have pictures of him with my babies that are so similar!
Of course, while we were there, my parents had to spoil Miss Everly with this adorable Minnie Mouse outfit.  Isn't she the cutest Minnie you have ever seen?

It's always great to spend time at home and with my family.  Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see them again.

No comments: