Monday, March 16, 2015

six months!


My Everly Belle is six months old!  This sweet girl who gets called a nickname almost as much as she gets called by her real name is half a year old already.  She might not ever know that her name is Everly Kate, because I call her Everly Boots and Everly Belle most of the time.  I think the Boots nickname is common knowledge, but I love to call her Everly Belle because of how beautiful she is 
and how much she reminds me of Belle on Beauty and the Beast with her gorgeous, brown hair, which is unique around here.  
 Her other nicknames include:  Baby Boots, Bootsey girl, Girly Bear (because Ky was Ky Bear and now often just Bear, Krew was Baby Bear, so now we have a Girly Bear.  Don't tell Kade he's the only one without a "bear" nickname.), Evie (like Eh-vee, not Eee-vee), Eves (like Ehves), Mama's Girly, and Booooooooots!

I feel like I'm being redundant, but she is still the most smiley baby ever.  She has finally learned to laugh without getting the hiccups, but her giggles are much harder to get out of her than a smile.  Krew can make her laugh easiest.  He will slam himself on the floor, yelling like the Hulk, and she busts up laughing.  He can yell in her face, and she thinks it the funniest thing ever.  This girl has a weird sense of humor, I tell you.  Oh, and she loves her Krewbie intensely.


 She is starting to sit on her own for a few seconds at a time.  She's certainly not steady enough to be left alone while sitting, but she does seem to enjoy it, so I think it won't be long until she has mastered it.



 This was the most difficult photo shoot so far for a few reasons.  One, she just wants to roll all the time.  I kept trying to get her to stay on her back, long enough to get a good photo, but she had other plans.  Also, she had her first fever the day before these pictures were taken, and she still wasn't feeling herself.  She so wanted mama to hold her all the time (which I was happy to do!)
 Rolling around during the photo shoot=messy hair, blurry pictures, and a few perfect shots:




 This tiny girl is my smallest infant by far.  At her 6 month checkup, she weighed 14 lbs 1 oz.  Krew weighed a half pound more than that at 2 months, and 5.25 pounds more than that at six months.  Even my tiny twins were 1.5 and 2 pounds more than this at 6 months.  She's just so petite.

 She has just started to eat some baby food, and she seems to think the whole process is just okay.  She doesn't seem to love it, but she will eat a fair amount before she gets bored of the whole thing and calls it quits.

 Most nights she sleeps from about 9:00-9:00 with one feeding somewhere in the middle.  Although she has been known to have a bad night where she just wants mama to hold her for a few hours in the wee hours of morning.  As much as it hurts sometimes to peel my exhausted body from my bed to go into her room, I rarely feel upset while I snuggle her in my arms in the dark stillness of nighttime.  There is just something about her that makes it impossible to feel upset or frustrated, even if I'm missing out on precious sleep.

 See?  I told you she was wiggly during this photo shoot!  She just wanted to play with Krew so badly!


 Good thing he loves her more than anything, and he was willing to let her squish his face while he lay there smiling for the picture.  He's such a great big brother!

 We love this happy, tiny, wiggly little girl, and can't wait to see all the tricks she'll be doing by next month.
Whoopsy!

No comments: