Friday, February 19, 2016

everly at 17 months old


As Everly has transitioned through different stages so far, from newborn, to little baby, to crawler, to toddler, each stage I have felt torn.  I have equally declared each one as my favorite stage with her, and at the same time I've felt a sense of loss that she is growing out of a particular stage.  I sometimes miss her as a tiny newborn, and I wish she could stay little forever.  At the same time, I love watching her grown and learn.  I think this strange dichotomy comes because there have not been any rough stages with her.  Sure, just the fact that she requires constant care and attention can be a challenge, but compared to my other babies, she has not any any rough stages.  I have thoroughly enjoyed each one.  She is such a joy to be around. 
I know I keep saying this, but it keeps being true: My momma heart just about burst when she put on a necklace, two purses, and pushed her baby in the stroller.  All my dreams of raising a little girl are coming true and it makes my heart explode!


 Like mother, like daughter: this little girl hates being outside in the snow.  I don't know if it's the cold air, the bulky clothing, not being able to walk in the snow, or not being able to use her mitten-covered hands, or something else, but she hates it!  I try to take her out whenever the wind chill is not sub zero, because we can only stare at the inside of our (beautiful!) house for so long before we go crazy.  Krew has a great time playing in the snow, never complains about being cold, and never asks to go inside, but us girlies can only take so much before we head back inside to warm our frozen bodies.

 This little girl does love finding her Daddy's stash of Peanut Butter Oreos and eating as many as she can before her momma wonders why it's so quiet.  And yes, sometimes even she has a bad hair day!

 She has just started to really say some real words.  She says "Daddy" so clearly, and all the time!  She also says, "cheese" if you point a camera at her, and occasionally if you feed her some actual cheese.  She can also say, "off," "uh-oh," "hot," done," "thank you," "no," "wow," "mama" and growls like a lion.  She has finally started to imitate words we are saying, so I know her language is going to just explode soon.
 My tiny valentine!
I'm not exaggerating when I say she is the happiest, sweetest, cutest, tiniest, busiest little 17 month old girl I have ever met.  I think this stage is my favorite! ;)

No comments: