Monday, January 5, 2009

christmas with little ones

I just have to say that having little ones made Christmas morning so much fun! Their enthusiasm for everything is inspiring. They wanted to help everyone open their gifts, cheered at each gift that was opened, and didn't have a meltdown even once. With twins, each gift that they opened was a race. Either it was a gift to both of them and they raced to see who could tear off the most wrapping paper, or they each got a gift and raced to open it first, since their brother got the same thing every time, it lost some of the surprise when they saw their brother's gift before they could get their own open.
Ky's face illustrates what I mean by enthusiasm. This is just the beginning, and he's content with what he got in his stocking
Again, I need to have this attitude for all my blessings. I mean, it's not like he's never had an orange before, but he was so excited!

Kade's gifts from Santa

Christmas was a great day, and a fun way to wrap up our long trip. It was such a great trip. It was so fun to spend some time with my family, and for them to be with Kade and Ky. We got to see some great friends who we haven't seen for years, I got to see all of my grandparents, and we got to eat at Cafe Rio and Pudding on the Rice. We were sad that because of bad weather which kept postponing Christmas parties, and because we were there during the busiest month for everyone, I didn't get to see hardly any of my aunts, uncles, cousins (and I have a lot), or my best friends from high school. Hopefully we will be able to make a trip back to Utah soon and get to do some of the things we missed.

No comments: