Monday, January 5, 2009

gingerman cookie houses

About a month before we left for Utah, I showed the boys a picture of a gingerbread house and told them that we were going to make some with grandma when we went to visit. So, often when we would talk about the upcoming trip, they would remind us that they were going to make "gingerman cookie houses" with grandma. So, about a week before Christmas we did just that. Actually they are graham cracker houses, but that is what I remember making as a child, so it's more festive that way anyway. The boys had a great time, but got bored about half way through, (plus, we had to put a stop to their munching at that point anyway) so my mom and I finished their houses for them.
Kade smiling for a picture before he gave up and went to play
Grandma and Ky working together

Ky's almost done house

Kade's finished house
My house

2 comments:

. said...

Wow! Your gingerbread house kicks my gingerbread house's butt.

. said...

Wow! Your gingerbread house kicks my gingerbread house's butt.