Sunday, January 4, 2009

deception, the zoo, and temple square

A few weeks before Christmas my mom had this great idea. You see, Kade will not eat noodles. What two-year old will not eat any noodles, you ask. My Kade. None. This means no mac & cheese, no spaghetti, no noodle soup, nothing that even resembles a noodle. So, my mom thought that if we could get him to help make some noodles from scratch, we colored them blue and called them something besides noodles, we could trick him into eating them, and loving them. Kade loved mixing them, and flouring them and watching them be cut. He kept saying, "I want to eat those." Well, as soon as we put them on his plate and put some alfredo sauce on them, he began to look a bit suspicious. After a few minutes of him just staring at them I asked him why he wasn't eating his "whips." He looked up and said very seriously, "I don't try noodles." So, in the end, we hadn't fooled him one bit. Oh well, nothing a little pb&j won't fix.


Ky flouring the noodle dough before it was cut. My mom made them each an apron. Aren't they awesome!

Kade suspected nothing at this point!

Later that day we went to the zoo. It was a bit colder than we had anticipated, so we quickly saw all the animals that were also out in the cold and went to temple square to see the lights. Nothing brings the true meaning of Christmas closer to my heart than seeing the temple surrounded by lights, seeing the Christus and all the different nativities. While we were there, I saw my friend Suzanne, who I knew when we lived in Florida. Funny thing that we were both visiting Utah the same time, and ran into each other at Temple Square. Small world.

Lilly, Suzanne, and me

I loved seeing my boys with the statue of Christ. It brought tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the noodle story! It's amazing how smart kids are - no fooling them! Glad you had a great visit.

marion avery said...

I really enjoyed all these stories and pictures. It's a nice way to keep up with your little family. The noodle story is great. Sorry I missed you guys while you were in Utah, I was too busy sunning myself in beautiful Kauai. Mele kaliki maka!
Marion Avery