Wednesday, September 22, 2010

chicago trip: part 2

The next day we went into the city and started our day at the Shedd Aquarium. There was so much to see there, and I think we all had a good time. It was also fun for me to take the boys there because the first time I went there was on our honeymoon!

The boys put on penguin costumes and pretended they were penguins. That was something I really liked about the aquarium: there were plenty of places for the kids to stop and play around, because otherwise they would have gotten bored of just looking in tanks all day.
After we left the aquarium, we decided to walk to millennium park. I loved walking around downtown Chicago.
We stopped by this awesome fountain. It's huge!
I had to include this picture of a bride and her wedding party, because as we were walking around that day, we counted 8 brides and wedding parties. It was a gorgeous day, and a fun place to take wedding pictures, but it was September 11th, and we were surprised that there were that many couples who didn't mind having that as their anniversary.
I love this picture I took while standing near that fountain. I love the contrast between the fancy skyscrapers, and the row of port-a-potties. Random, I know.
Here's a better picture of the skyline with no outhouses.
Next we found the huge "bean" and stopped to take pictures. The boys had fallen asleep in their strollers (which is crazy because they won't even sleep in the car), but we took pictures of us together anyway. I think they both woke up before we left, so at least they got to see it.


I could have seriously stayed there taking pictures for hours. It was the coolest thing!

Our only family picture we have of us in Chicago, and the boys are both asleep!

This one is looking up at the bean from underneath it. So cool! And what a fun day!

No comments: