Tuesday, January 10, 2012

6!

On December 29th, Kade and Ky turned 6 years old!!  I can't even believe it.  On the one hand, they are so smart, they constantly amaze me with what they know and what they can do, but on the other hand, it seems like it was just a few short months ago that they were my tiny babies!

The HUGE disappointment this year was that we were all so sick on their birthday!  Ky had actually gotten sick first, and was feeling mostly better by that morning, but Kade, Bart, me and my brother and his wife who were visiting us, had all been so sick that whole night before and could hardly get out of bed that day.  I was heartbroken that we couldn't spend the day celebrating them and making it such a special day.  But luckily we were able to spend the next couple of days doing things to help them have a happy, delayed birthday.

Grandma and Grandpa Adams gave them each Build-a-Bear gift cards for Christmas, and they couldn't wait to go make some new friends.  It's almost as much fun for me to watch their excitement in that store as it is for them to pick out what they want and watch their animal "come to life."



 We ended up with a Spider-man bunny and a Soldier camouflage bear. 


 Saturday night, instead of celebrating New Year's Eve, we decided to continue to celebrate their birthday since we still hadn't really done it right.  We let the boys pick where they wanted to go out to eat, and they chose Applebees.  The first time the waiter came to the table, Kade told him that it was their birthday and that they needed all the waiters and waitresses to sing to them, not the regular happy birthday song, but one with lots of clapping.  The whole time we were waiting for our food, and eating, I could tell that they were both just waiting to be sung to.  And, the wait staff at Applebees did not disappoint!  They started singing and clapping from across the restaurant and made sure everyone in the whole restaurant knew it was their birthday!  Let me just say that my boys loved the attention (I wonder where they get that from?) !






I asked them a few questions about themselves so we can remember what they were like when they turned 6!

Kade:

What's your favorite food: Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
What's the best thing about school: My friends
What's the worst thing about school:  You have to work all day
What do you want to be when you grow up: A race car driver
What are you really good at: Football
What is your favorite movie:  Cars 2
Who is the coolest person in the world:  Krew
If you could do one thing all day:  Play video games-especially NCAA football
What is the best place in the world to be: Disney World

Ky:

What is your favorite food: Macaroni and Cheese
What's the best thing about school: Gym
What's the worst thing about school:  It's too long
What do you want to be when you grow up: A boxer
What are you really good at: Video Games
What is your favorite movie:  Tron
Who is the coolest person in the world: Krewbee
If you could do one thing all day: Play video games-especially Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga
What is the best place in the world to be: Disney World

I feel so lucky to be Ky and Kade's mom and I have loved these past six years, and I'm excited to see what this year will be like with my two six year olds! 

P.S.  I'm kinda in love with the fact that even though they didn't hear each other's answers to the above questions, they both said that Krew was the coolest person in the whole world! 

No comments: