Monday, January 30, 2012

party time-lightning mcqueen style!

On Saturday, we had a birthday party for Kade and Ky.  Only a month late, but that's what happens when your birthday is four days after Christmas!  They are obsessed with Cars 2 right now, and since I lifted my ban on tacky character parties (which I feel limit creativity, but are super easy) because I have a 3 month old baby, a Cars birthday party was the obvious choice.  It turned out really cute, and I think everyone had a good time!
This Secret Agent Special mission scavenger hunt was my favorite activity, and I actually thought of it early that morning while I was up feeding Krew.  Nothing like adding a game the last minute, but I'm glad I did because it was fun for the boys.

 We also had a contest to see who could stack the most "tires" aka chocolate cheerios.
 We went fishing for McQueen with Mater's tow cable, fixed the road (put together a road puzzle), raced cars on the race track, and went tractor tipping! 

 My incredibly talented friend, Brittney made this amazing cake!  I'm so glad that I gave up on the idea of trying to make the cake myself this year, because this cake is a zillion times better than what I could have done, and the boys loved it.  Kade and Ky greeted their friends as they came to the party by saying, "I got an awesome Cars cake; it looks real!"








No comments: