Saturday, March 13, 2021

what we did in may 2020


I guess, like so many people, being stuck at home 24/7 made us itch to redecorate our house a bit.  Plus, it was time for an update from Everly's nursery to a big-girl room.  Luckily she helped paint, so it wasn't too hard ;).


Nothing like being stuck at home to motivate us to try making homemade donuts. I have tried making them in the past, but they have never turned out very well.  But this recipe was amazing and the donuts were delicious!

Even though my kids always fight me on it, I loved taking our annual mother's day photos.  I treasure these photos!
I even treasure the crazy ones






I'm so blessed to get to mother these four amazing humans.  They are all growing up way, way too fast, and I'm afraid that this wonderful stage of life is going to be over much sooner than I'm okay with.
When you have to celebrate your 17th wedding anniversary during a pandemic, you get takeout and eat it in the back of your van.  Even though we weren't able to do anything big to celebrate, it was still fun, and it's always great reminiscing about how we fell in love, and those early years together.  

Please note that while Everly wanted to play baseball like her three older brothers, she also insisted that she do so with a pink bat and a pink ball.  
Also in May, Kade and Ky officially passed me up in height.  I knew it would happen someday, but it still feels a little weird for my babies to be taller than me.
Nothing like a little garage band

Another project that came from not being able to go anywhere, ever, was making homemade pasta.  It was so fun to have Krew and Everly help me, and the noodles were so yummy.  As fun as it was, and as delicious as the pasta turned out, let's just say I'm super glad that I don't always have to make pasta from scratch if I want to eat noodles!



This May has been like no other.  Generally May is one of the craziest, busiest months of the whole year, with sports, and end-of-year concerts and events.  In some ways it was nice to slow down and have time to spend together, finding things to do that we never would have taken the time to do otherwise. 

No comments: