Saturday, November 24, 2007

before & after

When we moved to Florida a year and a half ago, Bart bought this old dresser from a tiny secondhand store in a small, rural town outside of Gainesville. When I arrived in Florida with the boys a few days later, he showed me the treasure he had found. Other than the fact that we desperately needed a dresser and had no money to purchase one, and the fact that this dresser was structurally in great shape, I despised this hideous thing. If you can't tell from the picture, it is a cream color with gold accents. I have been wanting to paint it since the moment I saw it, but could never decide on a color. Our bedroom is done in turquoise and chocolate brown, but there is already so much of that color combination in there, I thought it needed something different. Well, I decided last April to paint it Vintage Bouquet and chocolate brown, but for the past seven months it has been too hot in Florida to paint. So, I finally painted it this week.
It's hard to tell from this picture, but it is actually more purple than it is pink. I knew I couldn't possibly make it look any worse than it already did, so it was fun to try something a little different. It looks really good with the other colors in our bedroom. Between the paint and new handles, it only cost me $14 to fix it up, and worth every penny.

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Hey Ashli,
Your blog looks so cute! I love the music too.
I'm always impressed with people who do furniture rehabs. looks good!
Sarah