Friday, November 2, 2007

deck the halls



I know there are some of you out there who are completely disgusted by the fact that as soon as Halloween is over, Christmas begins. In the stores, on commercials on TV, etc., even though Christmas is still almost 2 months away. Not me! I walked into the grocery store today and saw the display of Santas and snowmen, reindeer and candy canes, evergreen trees and shiny, sparkly balls, and I got all warm and tingly inside. I am so excited! I wanted to come home and start decorating our apartment, and begin my Christmas shopping, and start writing our family Christmas letter, and change the ringtone on my cell phone to Jingle Bells. I'm so excited that this year, I will have two sweet boys who I can really share the joy of the season with, who will understand what unwrapping gifts is all about, who can help me make Christmas cookies, who we can start our own family traditions with, who I can share the Nativity story with, and who I can buy great (yet inexpensive) gifts for! So, I bought a roll of wrapping paper and I thought of some gift ideas for the boys. Maybe next week I will start making some homemade gifts, and start my Christmas shopping. After all, I only have 53 days left until Christmas day! Christmas Season...here I come!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I am the same way about Christmas. I actually couldn't wait for Halloween to be over because I was making myself wait until the 1st to turn on Christmas music etc. I chose other on the poll because you forgot to add Arizona to your poll choices. I'm sure you just overlooked it and would've put it on had you taken a little more time. AZ has a lot to offer. It is a days drive to your family and PHX has a big airport so you can get cheap tickets to Wisconsin. It has mountains, cactus, palm trees, pine trees, snow, no snow. The greatest thing about it is that you have all that you want in a few hours drive. It is a great place to raise a family and even though there is a good LDS population, there is a lot of non LDS so you can still do missionary work! For Bart and sports, it houses the Phoenix Suns!!!!

Meghan said...

Nice plug for Arizona! Cali is nice too if you happen to win the lottery. :) Funny your post about Christmas - Brandon wanted to put the tree yesterday, but I thought it was a tad early since Austin has a fascination with ornaments. YEAH for Christmas!

Heidi said...

AMEN.....what a great post!!