Tuesday, November 13, 2007

taggy, tag

I've been tagged a few times, so I thought I should sit down and force myself to think of 6 interesting facts about myself. So, here goes:

1- I love being a wife and mother more than anything else. It has been my dream since I was a little girl to be a stay-at-home mom, and it is more wonderful than I ever imagined. I can hardly talk about my children (especially when I am at church) without getting all weepy and emotional. My husband and my boys are my life! (Almost) everything I do is for them, and I wouldn't have it any other way!
2- I'm a hobby hopper. I like to try new hobbies, but they never last very long. I was way into embroidery a few years ago. I scrapbook, but only for a few weeks at a time, where I go crazy, buy lots of supplies, do several pages, and then forget about it for a month or more. Same with cooking; I will plan elaborate meals for every night of the week for a week or two, then the next few weeks, I don't want to cook at all and we end up eating spaghetti or tacos last minute because I hadn't even thought about dinner.
3-I have a serious sweet tooth. For some reason, I think I need to have a treat after every meal, including breakfast, and a late-night dessert as well. I have basically zero self-control when it comes to sweets, especially chocolate and ice cream. I was amazed by the amount of candy we accumulated for Halloween, and thought we would never finish it all. But, I'm happy to report that in less than two weeks, we have made a serious dent in it.
4-My dream job is to own a bridal consultancy. I love weddings and everything about them. It would be so much fun to work with brides and grooms to help make their special day memorable. Plus, I love being around the fanciness of the bridal gowns, the gorgeous flowers, the art of the wedding photography, and all the other elegant details. It's like a real life fairy tale. (Of course I'm not doing anything now to pursue this career, because I am too busy enjoying my real life fairy tale of being a stay-at-home mom.)
5-I love to dance and sometimes wish that it was practical (and classy) to be in some sort of performing group, now that I am "old" and the mother of two. I guess dancing in my kitchen will have to do.
6-I love holidays, especially Christmas, and I can't wait to see what kind of "magic" this Christmas season has in store for me and my sweet little family.

I don't know who else to tag, because it seems like I have seen this on just about everyone else's blog. So, if you are reading this and haven't done it yet...tag, you're it!

6 comments:

The Kelly Family said...

Miller family,
I was so excited to find your blog. It's so fun to see what old BYU friends are up to. Florida sounds like fun. I can't believe how big your 2 littles guys are. They are adorable. We have a blog, too. It's rjkellyfam.blogspot.com. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi.
Jen and Ryan Kelly

Sadie Miller said...

Dear Hobby Hopper: I loved reading the 6 things about you.

Heidi said...

You are just adorable!!

Meghan said...

You would make a great bridal consultant! Your post about hobbies cracks me up because I do the same thing. So Cali is still in the running? :)

Meghan said...

P.S. You'll have to teach me how to do the backgrounds the way they're supposed to be done. I spent hours trying to figure it out and mine still looks a little lame.

Clay and Katy said...

love the list and the new layout...very cute!!!!!