Sunday, November 4, 2007

it's been decided

Well, our poll is now closed, and after receiving many votes, it's official: we're moving to Wisconsin! We've started to look for jobs online, and it seems that there are a lot of nice job opportunities in the Green Bay area. We're also looking into living in Madison, especially if Bart's brother, Bret, gets accepted to vet school at the University of Wisconsin there in Madison. It also might be nice to live in the Fox Valley since Bart's family is there and Bart knows the area and already has some contacts that might help him find a good job.

We've found some good websites that show some of the good things about living in Wisconsin: a top ten list, a summary of Wisconsin lifestyle, and a list of fun places to visit in Wisconsin. I'm excited about the delicious cheese and ice cream, Bart is excited about going home, and the boys are excited about becoming Badger fans (although they will forever be Gators!!)

We're glad that we don't have to be grown-ups and make these tough decisions. It's much easier to leave our future up to a very scientific poll on blogger. Now, rather than trying to decide what is really best for our family, we can just trust this poll and spend our time worrying about how we are going to afford to buy complete, new, winter wardrobes for everyone! Thanks everyone for your input. And for those of you who saw the poll and didn't vote, maybe next time you will take our polls a little more seriously :)

7 comments:

The Shane Gang said...

I found your blog through Breanne's. This is Jessica (Hill) Shane by the way. Your family is adorable and I'm jealous you are out in the warm weather of Florida! Matt just finished PT school in Arizona and we moved back to Utah, and I already miss the warm weather! Good to see you're doing well and are as cute as ever!

The Shane Gang said...

I didn't even read this post before I made a comment. Good luck in Wisconsin! I bet your family is sad, but at least it sounds like you'll be close to Bart's family!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

hey ashli! it's becky (shippen) olsen from h.s./cheer! i saw your blog on breanne's and thought i'd say hello! I hope all is going well...it sure looks like it!

Sarah H said...

Hey Ashli,
Wisconsin, huh? That's great! We're still in Chicago area so maybe we can get together sometime. There are a lot of great things about the midwest.

Sarah H said...

ps cute pictures--love the halloween bats. how cute!

Ashley A. said...

It seems like a ton of people I know are moving to Wisconsin, specifically Madison, what with MidCityGal (link on my blog) and the Hansens, both from Wymount (I can't remember if you knew either of them). I also have a brother who just started teaching at Wisconsin. So, if you end up in Madison, look for Matt Allen! I've heard it's a really nice place to live and I'm sure Bart will be happy to be back. Good luck guys!

Joseph A said...

You guys are hilarious. I read the entry about not moving where the poll directed you first (though I will take your polls more seriously) so looking at this entry made it seem ridiculous that people would have thought you were serious with how thick you poured on the sarcasm. My wife was one who believed you, though. funny people...