Thursday, November 1, 2007

to a great halloween!

Between the four Halloween parties we went to, and trick-or-treating on Halloween night, we had lots of fun dressing up, lots of fun spooky appetizers, lots of chili, lots (and lots) of candy, and so much fun!
A few weeks before Halloween, Bart and I went to a party at our friends, the Andersons' house. It was fun to go to a party just the two of us and get to know some more people here in Tampa. We played games and ate some really fun, yummy Halloween food. I won the prize for the weirdest feet! (Those of you who know me, know exactly what I am referring to!)

Bart & Ashli

All the men at the party


All the women at the party

We had a lot of fun at our ward trunk-or-treat party, although I was in charge of all the games, so we didn't spend much time together as a family.
If you look closely at this picture, it looks like Bart has red-eye from the camera, but he actually wore red contacts that night. It was so spooky!

Monday morning, my friend Sarah hosted a party for all the kids. (She's the same one who hosted the adult party too!) The boys dressed up again, ate mummy dogs and witches brew and had a great time playing with their friends.

Kade

Ky

We had such a good time trick-or-treating on Halloween night. I couldn't believe I was taking my children trick-or-treating! I'm such a grown-up. We had been practicing the whole process at home so that Kade & Ky would know to knock on the door, what to say, and what they would get. Well, the first house we went to, before we knocked, I asked the boys, "What do you say when they open the door?" They both said "trick-or-treat!" But when the lady opened the door, Ky held up his bag and said, "More!" and Kade reached in the bowl and took some candy while she was trying to give some to Ky. Some houses they were very good at, but others, especially the ones with scary decorations or music, they were quite hesitant. But, everything about it was so much fun!
Ky & Kade with their happy/spooky bat faces

Trick-or-treating all by themselves

Victory!!!!

7 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh - the pictures of Kade and Ky trick-or-treating are so adorable! Your costumes are so great and the parties look like so much fun!

Meghan said...

BTW - you're too on top of things changing your blog the day after Halloween. Love it! :)

Natalie said...

looks like you had a lot of fun, that last picture is a crack up. as always- your boys are adorable. oh and i was very impressed with how into the spirit you and bart got too, way to go!

Breanne said...

Ashli, I was blog-hopping and I found yours! It has been forever! I can't believe you have two boys! I went to our parent's ward a few weeks ago and saw your Mom and she said that you guys were in Florida! I am glad to see that you guys are doing so good!It looks like you had a great Halloween! When you are in town next we should get together and catch up.

Alicia said...

awesome halloween pics.... what a fun time it looked like you had.. we sure miss you in g'ville. the boys look adorable!!!

Heidi said...

Ashli - you look gorgeous. It look like you are having a wonderful experience in Tampa. Who doesn't LOVE the Miller's!!

Sadie Miller said...

You guys KNOW how to party!