Tuesday, January 29, 2008

go mitt!


Today is the primary election day here in Florida, and the boys and I voted first thing this morning. This is the first primary I have participated in, and it has been exciting to get involved. A few months back we bought Bart a Mitt Romney t-shirt, and put a Mitt Romney bumper sticker on my car, and last Saturday we went to a Mitt Romney rally. We were excited to vote for him before we went, but the things he said and the way he presented himself made us more sure that we want him to be our next president. Bart and I were interviewed by a newspaper reporter, and I even got to shake Mitt Romney's hand! Go Mitt!
Some of these pictures are blurry, there was so much light on the stage.


I swear I have seen this scene in movies. It was exciting to experience it live!

Bart and Kade and Mitt


I love how genuine and sincere he looks in this picture. This was moments before I got to shake his hand.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

aaah i'm so jealous!

Heidi said...

You guys are SO CUTE!!!

Natalie said...

wow, did you guys get to actually shake his hand? Ashley, did you go too, or did Bart experience the twins on his own?

Clay and Katy said...

oh very cool...clay will be jealous!!!

Jessica said...

It must be nice to live in a state where your vote actually counts!

The Kelly Family said...

That's cool you got to shake Mitt's hand. Too bad he didn't win Florida. Ryan and I are definately going to get out there and vote on Super Tuesday for Mitt, although CA is such a liberal state, I doubt our votes will be enough :(

Debbie said...

What a neat thing to be able to experience.