Saturday, January 5, 2008

happy birthday ky & kade

Last Saturday, the 29th of December, was Kade and Ky's 2nd birthday. We celebrated by opening presents, playing with balloons and their new toys, and eating cake.
I cried on their birthday as I rocked them to sleep that night and thought about how blessed I am to have these two sweet little boys. I thought about how excited Bart and I were when we found out we were pregnant after seven tough months, how excited we were when we went to have an ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, only to find out we were having TWIN BOYS! I thought about the day they were born, the first time I looked at their faces, and the first time I held them. I thought about how crazy and how special the first year was, and how fun and exciting the second year was. I thought about how I cried for the same reason last year on their first birthday, and how I'm pretty sure it will become a habit for possibly the rest of their lives.



I had fun making this super easy birthday cake, and the boys loved it!

Kade decided right away that these balloons should be bats!


Ky joined in the fun
Opening matching presents together

Riding their new bikes from Grandpa Zen and Grandma Denni

Ky enjoying the "tractor" cake


What a sweet, chocolaty smile, Kade!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute as can be! They are pretty special. I still get weepy when I think of how fast my kids have grown up. BTW, like the new background