Thursday, July 25, 2013

the fourth

 I love the 4th of July, and this year's festivities did not disappoint!  We stuck to tradition and went to the town 30 minutes away for their big fireworks show on the 3rd, so that the 4th would be wide open for our 2nd annual BBQ!  We had perfect weather, a bunch of friends over, good food and lots of fireworks.  It was such a good day!
 The kids played baseball in the backyard


 I thought it was funny/awesome that the guys all matched! I mean, it's totally appropriate/expected that you wear red, white, and blue on the 4th, but it still struck me as funny.

 Sparklers!

 Krew's first sparkler...he loved it!

Our fireworks show was even bigger and better than last year.  If we try to top the previous year each 4th of July, we are going to go broke from buying fireworks!  But it was so awesome, holding my littlest son (who thankfully was not only not scared of the fireworks, but loved them), watching my other two sons enjoying the fireworks with their friends, while being surrounded by family and friends, watching the fireworks and thinking how lucky I am to live in this great country.  It was a great holiday!!

No comments: