Monday, April 6, 2015

california vacation: chillin' edition

Not everyone has the same style of vacationing.  When I am on vacation, I like to go, go, go.  If I am going to spend that much money for (5!!!) plane tickets, plus hotels, and everything else, I am going to make the most of every minute.  I want to see as much as I can, and do as much as I can, and discover as much as I can, and try new foods, and new activities, and only stop to sleep when I have to.  Some people like to take it slow and easy on vacation.  I wouldn't pay that much, or go to all that hassle of packing and planning to sit around.  I can sit on my own couch and relax and do nothing at my own house for free!  
That being said, we were on vacation with seven little kids (age nine and under), and my husband doesn't quite share my vacationing philosophy, so some down time was to be expected on this trip.  This leisurely trip to the park was just perfect.  For our kids, it was such a treat, because it hadn't been warm enough to go to a park at home for months (and months).
 Everly had her first ride in a real swing, and she absolutely loved it!  What else could I have possibly expected from the happiest baby girl ever?  She smiled the whole time (of course), and kicked her tiny, little feet.
 Even Krew acted like he had never been to a park before, and loved the freedom to run around that comes with warmer weather.
 One day we purposely didn't have much planned to allow the kids the chance to take a real nap.  When Krew woke up, he and Lynndon and I went for a walk around the apartment complex we were staying at.  We looked for all the different kinds of flowers we could find, and then they made sure I took a picture of each one.





Also, those slower days on vacation allow for some sweet snuggle time with these two.  That's definitely worth slowing down for!

No comments: