Wednesday, November 13, 2013

we went to utah: part 6

Wednesday's highlights include seeing my best friend from high school, Summer, and taking the kids to Cornbelly's!

There were so many people I wanted to see while we were in Utah, but having a very sick toddler put a cramp in those plans pretty quickly.  Luckily, at the last minute, I was able to arrange to visit with Summer and her family for a little bit.  I wasn't able to get Krew to take an earlier nap, so he missed out, but I took the twins with me to see Summer, and they had a blast playing with her kids.  Summer and I have the kind of friendship where we can go a long time without seeing each other, or even talking on the phone, or anything, and when we finally get back together, it's like we are close friends again.  When I do get to visit with her, it makes me realize how much I miss her, and wish that we lived close so that we could hang out all the time.  Because I know that we would!  I'm lucky to have a friend like her.  (Hi Summer!)

In the evening, my mom and I took the boys to Cornbelly's.  It's a huge pumpkin patch/cornmaze/play area thing!  I knew it was big, and kind of a big deal, but it was even bigger than I thought.  There was so much to do, and we all had a blast.  Even Krew, who still didn't feel the best, had fun for the most part.  










We didn't last very long in the corn maze.  We thought we were doing pretty well until we must have taken a serious wrong turn and we ended up near the entrance.  So we called it quits and snuck out the entrance with our heads hung down in shame.  (Not really, I think the kids were just happy to be out of the corn, regardless of how we left).













We had to pay a bit extra for the boys to shoot the corn cannon, but it was so worth it.  I could not believe how far those ears of corn flew!


Oh no!  The twins had to be put in the stocks for being naughty!  Just kidding, they were awesome and we had a great time.  I wish we could go again next year!

1 comment:

Summmack said...

:') It was great seeing you and your boys also. I am missing you like crazy too! Lets figure out a way to see each other soon ;)